Thursday, February 15, 2007

Careful What You Ask For

So I've been frustrated with work recently as the projects I'm working on aren't very challenging, and all the new large scale events are going to the other designers. I've got plenty to do, but nothing new and exciting. Although I did a themed party recently that was super cool looking, but it rained all over us as we set it up so that sort of took some of the joy out of it. Today I get a phone call to do a health forum. Apparently this is a national discussion on health care in the US. It will feature many of the democratic presidential hopefuls of 2008. The venue is an arena in Las Vegas, and it will be surely televised as well as web cast. OK now we're talking something I can sink my teeth into (oh that's another post for later). When is this fantastic show I get to work on? March 24th the same day as the first AFM race of the year. I bummed. I'm trying so hard to get ready for racing season, and now I'm going to miss the first race. Anyway it's a good show, and I'll be glad I'm doing it, but missing that first race will take some of the joy away.

No comments: