Saturday, August 30, 2008

AFM Round 4 Thunderhill

The T-hill round was forever ago. I didn't write about it then because I didn't do very well, and I was disappointed. It's hard to write about things post them to the world when you aren't feeling positive about it. I need to get over that, and just write down whatever happened good of bad.

I used to think I was pretty good at T-hill. The truth is I suck there. My results from earlier in the season, and at Sears led me to believe I was a better rider than I am. I think I am still a good rider I just have exposed some weaknesses.

I'm not going to got into extreme detail. I practiced Friday and Saturday and I knew my times weren't where they needed to be. I didn't have much confidence going into Sunday and it showed. On the first lap of the first race there was a crash in T2 immediately in front of me, that took focus to not be apart of, a couple of turns later in T5 another big wipe out just in front of me, and now I'm thinking "what the hell am I doing here" The race was restarted, and I finished a lowly 22nd.

The 2nd race was much the same. I would get passed, and not have any motivation to go back after the person. Again I finished a lowly 22nd.

I went home with my tail between my legs, broke, disappointed, and wondering if I wanted to keep doing this.

No comments: