Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Myspace

Have you gotten sucked into the Myspace thing? I have. I didn't mean to. Hell I didn't even want to! It started simple enough. I was getting blogging so I was checking out some other blogs, and types of blogs and what not. I did a search on Technorati and when I found something I wanted to read it was on somebody's Myspace page. In order to leave a comment I had to sign up. I tell you whoever thought of that gimmick is a real genius. Of course I signed up. I had the best of intentions. I was just going to leave a few comments on some blogs, and that was going to be it. So when I went to my homepage and it was all plain looking I felt I needed to fill in a few details. That sound you hear is the ever sucking sound of Myspace sucking people in. Now I've figured out how to have colors, and fonts, and pictures. Worse yet everybody I know seems to have a Myspace page. Funny they never told me about it. It's like we don't talk about "myspace" while we're in "meat space" So now I am getting invites to be friends with people and clubs, and I'm like when did all this happen. It's just funny. I don't like it when people at work look at my page. I don't know why but I'm starting to separate myself from my work people more and more. I used to socialize with my co-workers a lot but not anymore. I've seen some of my co-workers myspace pages. I don't invite them to be my friends.

No comments: