Saturday, January 13, 2007

What is Mick-e?


If your reading this you know that I am Mickey Fimbres.
So what is Mick-e? Well it started at what feels like the dawn of the internet, or at least the internet to me. The very first time I used that "handle" was when I set up my first e-mail address. I think it was my earthlink account, and was still going to SF State in 1997 when I sarted using that name. Obviously some Disney nut had taken the name Mickey for their e-mail address so I had to think of something clever. That was ten years ago and for all I know I was drunk as a skunk when I thought it up. But I kept that name going. I used it again when I started playing games online. When I first started playing Unreal while living at 255 Moscow. All the other players had some cool screen name, and I couldn't think of anything. I remember a roommate of the time had his screen name as "zestyscrotum" I thought that was pretty funny, but I couldn't think of anything that funny so Mick-E it was. Later on when I would play other games online I was alway Mick-e. No matter what game or what venue nobody ever seemed to have that name. It was sort of my niche in the cyberspace world. Later when I started posting on internet message forums I didn't even hesitate to select the name Mick-e. It has become by domain in the electronic world. So I was horrified when I started to create this blog that "Mick-e.blogspot.com" had been taken. So I typed in the stolen domain to see what the other "mick-e" had to offer the electronic world. Like so many things in this cyber world there was nothing at the end of the tunnel. Just somebody sitting on the name. So once again challenged to create a new electronic indentity I combined elements of my past, present, and hopefully future. "Mick-e" 10 years of electronic history. From the golden age of the internet when everything was new and possible. "693" my racing number. It represents the here and now. It has taken a lot of dedication not only on my part, but my friends, and family to stay focused on racing. What will come of it only time will tell.
So Here I am at the start of 2007. I posted a picture of me at Sears Pt rounding turn 2. I've looked at that picture a hundred times, and I still find something new in it each time I look at it. What do I see tonight. Me looking forward to the future. What does it hold in store for us? I like this picture. Sometime I think I look completely relaxed. Just chillin' makin' my way 'round the bend. Other times I look at it, and I see the intensity in my body language. What is all that anger about? Tonight I see me looking forward leaving 2006 behind, and starting 2007 on a positive note.
Ahh goodbye 2006. Funny but almost every year I spend the first couple of months struggling to write the new year "07" on documents, but this year it hasn't been an issue. I think it's because I'm so ready to leave 06 behind me. 2006 was not my best year. Now it wasn't all negative by any means. First off I'm lucky that I started dating a girl at the end of 05 that still finds it in her best interest to associate with me even now at the start of 07, and together we went to Italy to work on a wedding; not all that bad. Work sucked. No matter what I was involved in it just wasn't satisfying. It always seemed like the grass was greener on the other side. The other side of what is the question? My bike racing didn't offer much satisfaction ether. I started 06 by crashing in March. My bike died on the starting line at the first race of the year. Money or the lack there of kept me from racing in April, May, and June. Then in July I came down with a terrible flu. I had a fever of 102°, and the ambient temperature was 107°! Oh I raced anyway thanks to the help of Sophia littarly spoon feeding me, and physically helping me get on my bike. Why the hell did I do that? Anyway. I crashed in August, and again in September causing my teammate Erice to crash. That sucked. It's one thing to crash your own bike. It's another thing altogether to have to drive you friend to the hospital because you fucked up.
Yet I still feel like 2006 was a break out year. Even though worked sucked I still like doing lighting. I even like most of my clients. Even though I threw my poor motorcycle on the ground over and over again I still posted my best lap times ever. Hell even with a 102° fever I set my best lap time ever at Thunderhill!. And through all of this BS I am still with a girl that doesn't think I'm crazy, (well not totally crazy at least)
So here we are January 2007 home of Mick-e. I hope to update this blog once a week. Perhaps more often.. most likely less, but none the less my point is to write about things in my life, and hopefully all the people that I do a shitty job of communicating with (if you're reading this you are one them) can check here every now and then when they are bored to tears with their own lives, and see what has become of good old Mick-E.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

can i be the first to leave a comment?

i like this blog idea. i was wondering what you were up to lately. :)

Tullster said...

What's happening Mick-E. It's good to hear from you and to know that you're still alive and kicking. We'll have to go out and slam a big bottle of brandy and coke for old time's sake...

Mick-e said...

"a big bottle of brandy and coke"
Holy smokes! I forgot all about that. Like I could even do that anymore. Ahh joys of remembering a misspent youth. :)