Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The End Of An Era

Last week I sold my EX500.

And with that the end of an era for me. It seems so long ago that my friend Craig talked me into racing. Yeah I had to be talked into it. Craig is a great persuader. The conversation went like this "Mickey. I could buy this racebike, and you could work on it all the time, or WE could buy this racebike, and you could work on it all the time"
If only we knew how true those words would later be.

My 500 taught me so much. As a rider, a mechanic, a bike builder, and more. I'm not really good at selling bikes, because I hold such a personal attachment to them. But it was time. I have grown from those early days when Craig and I didn't have a clue where the hot pits where, or even what a "hot pit" was.

Now look at me with my fancy new race bike, running in multiple racing series all over the state, helping other new racers build race bikes, and start their racing careers. How did I get here?

Yes it may be the end of an era, but it's the beginning of a whole new one.




Here's how it all started.





















And this is what it looked like when it was time to move on.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, you sold the EX. I wasn't sure I'd ever see the day. Getting rid of bikes for you is like me getting rid of cars. Well, so long Wild Turkey Racing.