Thursday, January 28, 2010

Is it racing season yet?

No but it's coming up quickly and I'm doing something I've never really done before. Preparing early! Why is it so many racers wait until the last second to prep stuff? It's true. So many of my friends will be touching their bikes for the first time in 5 months the week before the first race just then remembering the things that they meant to do over the winter break. I know because I've been that guy. Not so this year. I have a small list of things to do. I pulled the radiator off to find why I was always smelling radiator water, and sure enough there was a divot where a rock had hit it. so off that went to the radiator repair shop Alouis Radiator on Divis they took one look at it and said sure no problem $40. So much better than buying a used one off of Ebay for $250. Next I pulled the forks off for an annual refresh, and maybe some extra magic. My long time sponsor and trusted Suspension experts Dave Moss of Catalyst Reaction I understand the concepts of how suspension works but the actual mechanics of what happens inside the forks, and how to make it better is absolute vodoo. That is why we have suspension experts and I'm lucky to have them as a sponsor.
I a few other minor things to do, but I'm already much closer than I was last year at this time.

No comments: