Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And then there where 4

Today I sold my beloved Honda Superhawk. That was not easy. I've had that bike for 8 1/2 years. We've been through some times that bike and I. I know it was the right thing to do. I bought a newer more upright riding style bike at the end of last year, and I needed to make room in the garage and bank account, but still. It's not easy saying goodbye to an old friend. Not to say that it never let me down, oh no, it definitely stranded me a time or. But still. A lot of memories. Good and bad. The new owner is kinda kooky and passionate about owning it. He has other bikes. The one thing I asked of him was to ride it hard, and fast like I used to. He said that was the intention. Goodbye old bike, ride fast, take chances.

Here's some photos



Me and my new toy, something like October of 2001

















What happens when an asshole turns left in front of you while it raining, March of 2002










Fall of 2002 rebuilt with sexy new forks, mean looking and ready to ride. It would stay looking like this for 8 more years.










First weekend of October 2003 at the summit of Tioga Pass in Yosemite. It would snow 2 days after clearing this pass, and the road would be closed for the rest of winter.








Same trip, but leaving the Brody Ghost Town. I love this picture.

No comments: