Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Suiting Up

In another small step toward racing season preparedness I got my suit back today. My trusty leather racing suit that you see me wearing in all my photos. There's a funny story behind why I have that suit. I was wearing this tattered old suit that I bought used and had a leather patch with my name put on it. It was ugly and worn when I got it, and I crashed it a few times so it really was ugly. Well back in 2006 my mom told I was embarrassing her with my tattered looks so she gave me some money and told me to have a proper suit made. Along with some of my own money I had a custom blue and yellow suit with my name properly cut out and added some SFMC patches. I fell down a few times on it, and have had it repaired a couple of times. This time around it needed a piece replaced that had rotted. Too much salty sweat. I need to do a better job of oiling it every now and then. I also added my Tommy's patches to the arms. One more thing checked off the list. Getting closer. I hope to make it to Thunderhill this weekend if the weather holds. I really need to get some practice, and get a feel for the new suspension. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Have fun! I'll be rooting for ya.